for 10 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick (30 g)
- 10 oz mini marshmallows (285 g)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (180 g)
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate (225 g)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (455 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups whipped cream, divided (600 mL)
- 3 oz chocolate bar, for shaving (90 g)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Add the crispy rice cereal and stir to coat.
- While the crispy rice cereal mix is still warm, transfer them to a greased 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan.
- Using a greased measuring cup, press down into the cereal to form to the pan. Press the edges against the springform pan to create walls. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl and pour the heavy cream on top. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until melted, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and stir to incorporate.
- Add 1½ cups (90 g) of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and fold with a spatula until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crispy rice base and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight, until the cheesecake is set. Release the springform.
- Put the remaining cup of whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and decorate the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the chocolate into the middle of the cheesecake.
- Slice and serve.
Credit: Alix Traeger