THAI STYLE CABBAGE SALAD
Preparation: 30 minutes, Cooking: 5 minutes, Total: 35 minutes
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into thirds and grated or julienned (through a mandolin)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips, top to bottom
- 1 large mango, preferably slightly unripe, peeled and cut into strips
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 100g roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs water
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Dressing:Place the water and the sugar in a small saucepan and heat till the sugar dissolves. Pour into a small bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the sugar water and allow to infuse.
- Toss all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and toss through to coat.
- Sprinkle the toasted cashew nuts to garnish and serve.