PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 1 HR
Enjoy this filling veggie soup with red lentils, carrots and leeks. It’s low in calories and fat and delivers three of your 5-a-day
- 2l veg or ham stock
- 150g red lentils
- 6 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium leeks, sliced (300g)
- small handful chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat the stock in a large pan and add the lentils. Bring back to the boil and allow the lentils to soften for a few mins.
- Add the carrots and leeks to the lentils and season (don’t add salt if you use ham stock as it will make it too salty). Bring to the boil, the reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45-60 mins until the lentils have broken down. Scatter over the parsley and serve with buttered bread, if you like.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com, May 2019
By Member recipe by bevieevey