PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
This fruity, chewy flapjack is packed with delicious oats and cereal – kids can help make them and they’re perfect for lunchboxes
- 50g mixed dried fruit (a mixture of raisins, sultanas and apricots is nice)
- 50g mixed seed
- 140g oats
- 25g multi-grain hoop cereal
- 100g butter
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put the dried fruit in a mixing bowl. Add the seeds, oats and cereal, and mix well.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in the saucepan. Cook gently on the hob, stirring with the spatula, until the butter and sugar are melted.
- Remove from the heat and pour the dry ingredients into the saucepan. Mix well until all the ingredients are coated with the syrup mix.
- Fill the baking tin with the mixture. Use the spatula to press the mix down evenly. Bake at 160C/140C fan/gas 3 for 20 mins, then leave to cool completely before cutting into squares or fingers. Store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days – if they last that long!
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2013
By Good Food