PREP: 5 MINS
MAKES 4 SNACK PORTIONS
A smooth blended chickpea dip with tahini and garlic that’s versatile and good for you, this easy hummus makes a great snack or lunch
- 1 x 400g can chickpea, don’t drain
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 fat garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- good squeeze lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas into a sieve set over a bowl or jug to catch the liquid. Tip the chickpeas, tahini, garlic and yogurt into a food processor or blender and whizz to smooth.
- Whizz in a tbsp of the chickpea liquid at a time until you have a nice consistency, then scrape into a bowl.
- Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com, January 2012
By Sarah Cook