PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
SERVES FAMILY OF 4 (MAKES 16-20 MEATBALLS)
If your toddler enjoys feeding him or herself then try these moreish chicken meatballs, made with fresh veggies and chicken thighs. Serve with rice and broccoli for a satisfying dinner
- ½ celery stick, cut into small chunks
- 1 small carrot, cut into small chunks
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- a few chives, snipped
- oil, for greasing
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Blitz the celery, carrot, chicken and chives in a food processor until finely chopped. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Shape into small meatballs. If freezing, space out on a tray and put in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag and take them out when needed. Defrost thoroughly in the fridge before cooking.
- To cook, put on a baking tray lined with greased foil and bake for 10 mins or until browned and cooked through.
- Served with boiled rice and steamed broccoli.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com, March 2016
By Caroline Hire