PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
Create a bit of fun for kids by serving supper in a parcel. Open at the table to reveal delicious pink salmon, spaghetti, courgettes and tomatoes
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 100g red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 salmon fillets or 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cook the spaghetti following pack instructions and drain. Cut 4 rectangles of baking parchment off a roll, each twice as long as it is wide. Lay them on a work surface. Toss the spaghetti with the grated courgettes. Divide the spaghetti between the pieces of parchment, then divide the cherry tomatoes between each pile.
- If using salmon, slice lengthways, but keep the fillet together. Place on top of the veg and press sideways so the slices move apart a little. If using chicken, halve each breast through the middle horizontally to give four pieces, then cut each into strips and tip a pile of chicken strips onto each pile of spaghetti.
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic for 1 min, then pour a little garlic oil over each pile. Season with black pepper if your children like it. Bring the two longer sides of parchment up to meet in the middle and fold the ends over and over, working down towards the filling, leaving a little room for the steam to expand the parcel. Flatten the seam down and then fold in each end. Use paper clips to hold the folds, if you like. Lift the parcels onto a baking tray and bake for 10-15 mins. The parcels should puff up as they cook.
- Serve each person a puffed parcel in a shallow bowl and snip it open at the table, staying clear of any steam (and removing any paperclips).
Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2017
By Lulu Grimes