COOK: 15 MINS – 20 MINS
A sophisticated salmon dish that’s super fast to prepare
- 2 salmon fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- 100g pack asparagus spears
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice half a lemon
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- Get a steamer on to boil. Put the salmon fillets in the first tier and steam for 3 mins until the salmon has changed colour. Throw the asparagus spears in with the salmon and continue to steam for 4-5 mins until the asparagus is tender and the fish is cooked.
- While everything’s steaming, make a dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Tip the cannellini beans and spinach into a large bowl. When the asparagus is cooked scoop it into the bowl, then stir in the dressing. Divide the vegetables between two plates and sit the salmon on top.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2005
By Good Food