ready in 25 mins
Pining for summer? This simply seasoned chicken fried with beautiful, ripe, cherry tomatoes in a creamy sauce is guaranteed to hit the spot. Add a dollop of pesto for an extra layer of nutty flavours
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 200g pack cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche (half fat is fine)
- fresh basil, if you have it
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
- Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften. Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and crème fraîche until it makes a sauce. Scatter with a few basil leaves if you have them, then serve with rice and salad or mash and broccoli.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2005
By Mary Cadogan