A super-speedy beef and egg noodle dish – and one of our best ever stir-fries
- 200g rump steak
- 200g pak choi
- 1 red pepper, seeded
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g/4oz sachet stir fry sauce (choose your favourite flavour)
- 2 x 150g packs no-need-to-cook egg noodles
- Trim any visible fat from the steak, then slice into thin strips. Cut each head of pak choi lengthways into four. Dice the pepper into small squares.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok. Add the pepper and fry for 1 minute. Add the beef and fry until browned all over. Tip in the pak choi and cook briefly until it starts to wilt.
- Stir in the sauce and 2 tablespoons of water, bring to the boil, then stir in the noodles and warm through, loosening them until they are completely coated in sauce. Serve straight away.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, October 2003
By Good Food