PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 6 MINS
A healthy burger that’s filling too. These are great for anyone who craves a big bite but doesn’t want the calories
- 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread, to serve
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
Watch recipe video
- Drain a 400g can chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Tip into a food processor along with 1 small roughly chopped red onion, 1 garlic clove, handful of flat-leaf parsley, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp harissa paste or chillli powder, 2 tbsp plain flour and a little salt.
- Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden.
- Serve with toasted pitta bread, 200g tub tomato salsa and a green salad.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2008
By Good Food