PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
Visit your deli counter and make a special plate to share
- 2 red peppers
- 5 sundried tomatoes, in olive oil
- handful good-quality olives
- 85g can anchovy, in oil
- small bunch basil, leaves torn
- 2 x 125g balls buffalo mozzarella, drained and halved
- balsamic vinegar
- selection of antipasti
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Cut the peppers in half, scoop out the seeds and white membranes with a spoon and discard. Drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil from the tomato jar, rub all over and season generously. Roast for 20 mins until softened and starting to char.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and olives, then mix in a small bowl with 2 tbsp oil from the jar. Cut 4 anchovies lengthways, giving 8 thin strips, then add to the bowl along with the basil leaves. Season with black pepper. Keep the rest of the anchovies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and turn the grill to High. Pour any juice out of the peppers, then spoon in a little of the olive mix. Snuggle a mozzarella half into each pepper and return to the roasting tin. Grill for about 3 mins until the top of the cheese has just softened, but not melted. Put the antipasti on a serving platter and add the peppers. Spoon over the rest of the olive mix and splash with a little balsamic vinegar. Enjoy with bread and a glass of wine.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2006
By Good Food