PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 40 MINS
Wrap up these tropical breakfast bars and pack up for an on-the-go fruity breakfast that will help to fill you up. Make them with just five ingredients, plus oil from your storecupboard
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for the tin
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 70g light brown soft sugar
- 250g nutty muesli
- 100g tropical dried fruit mix
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly oil and line a 20cm deep square tin with baking parchment.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth, then stir through the oil, egg and sugar. Fold through the muesli, most of the tropical mix and a pinch of salt. Spoon the mixture into the tin and sprinkle with the remaining tropical mix. Bake for 35-40 mins, leave to cool in the tin, then turn out on to a board and slice into 10 bars. Will keep in an airtight container for four days.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, September 2019