PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
Cut down on the washing up by cooking everything in the oven with this no-fuss ‘fry-up’ of bacon, black pudding and eggs
- 6 rashers streaky dry-cured bacon
- 2 fat slices black pudding
- 12 asparagus spears (after snapping off woody ends)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- buttered toast, to serve
- your choice of sauce, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Arrange the bacon and black pudding in a shallow roasting tin that’s large enough for all the ingredients to fit snugly. Roast for 10 mins until the bacon is starting to crisp up, then turn over the bacon and black pudding and cook for another 5 mins.
- Toss the asparagus in the oil and season, then add to the tin in bunches. Roast for another 5 mins, then remove from the oven and turn the asparagus, leaving 2 holes for the eggs. Crack an egg into each gap and put back in the oven for 4-5 mins until the whites are just set but the yolks are still runny. Serve immediately, straight from the tin, with toast and your choice of sauce.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2015