ready in 10-15 minutes
A delicious filling yet low-calorie starter
- 375g jar of Peppadew sweet piquante peppers
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- a bunch of chives, snipped
- Drain and rinse a the jar of Peppadew sweet piquante peppers and tip them into a food processor or blender. Add the tomatoes, roughly chopped, sundried tomato paste and most of the bunch of chives, snipped.
- Whizz together until blended, but still chunky. Season with pepper and spoon half into a serving dish, sprinkle over the remaining chives and serve with lots of crisp, fresh, raw veg sticks. You can also grill a few soft flour tortillas until crisp, then snap them into pieces. Pop them under a hot grill – they take about a minute each, turning once. The other half of the dip will keep refrigerated for three days.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2004
By Good Food