PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 5 MINS
These little wedges are perfect for dipping and sharing, the perfect pre-dinner snack for guests
- 6 pitta breads
- 200g pack feta cheese
- 20g pack flat-leaf parsley or mint, leaves roughly chopped
- vegetable crudités
- houmous, tzatziki and other favourite dips, to serve
- Toast the pittas in a toaster until they’re just under-done – puffed up but not yet crisp – then leave to cool for a few mins. Meanwhile, using a fork, mash the feta in a large bowl. Stir in the herbs and lots of black pepper.
- Cut a slit along one edge of each pitta, then spoon in the feta. Spread it out over the inside of the bread with the back of the spoon or a cutlery knife. Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and kept covered in the fridge.
- To serve, re-toast the pittas, cut-side up, in the toaster until the bread is just crisp, then leave to cool for 2 mins before cutting into wedges. Best eaten within 30 mins of toasting.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, June 2007
By Jane Hornby