PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
A simple-to-follow recipe for a deluxe omelette that’s the perfect size to share
- 400g (about 2 large) potato, cut into thick slices
- small bunch dill
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp mascarpone or full-fat cheese
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g frozen pea
- 125g pack smoked salmon, thickly sliced
- Boil the potato slices for about 10 mins until just tender, then drain. Roughly chop the leaves from the dill, then beat into the eggs, along with 1 tbsp mascarpone or soft cheese. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan – around 20cm across is ideal – then add the cooked potatoes, frozen peas and the egg mixture. Leave to set on a low heat for about 7 mins, pushing the mix around the pan every so often so it cooks evenly. Heat grill to high.
- Once the tortilla is firm underneath, but still a little wobbly on top, drape the salmon over the top and dot with the remaining cheese. Season with black pepper, then flash under the grill until just set. Serve with a green salad.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, November 2007
By Good Food