PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
Frittatas are a great meal standby. Vary the ingredients to find your favourite
- 100g lardon or chopped streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large courgettes, cut into chunks
- 350g frozen sweetcorn
- 400g frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 8 eggs
- 150g pack soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- Fry the lardons or bacon in the oil in a large non-stick frying pan until starting to brown, add the courgettes, then fry for a couple of mins until they begin to soften. Add the sweetcorn and spinach, season if you like, then heat through.
- Heat grill to medium. Beat the eggs, then pour over the vegetables. Crumble over the cheese, then cook gently until the egg has just set around the edges, about 5 mins. Slide the frittata under the grill, then cook until the egg is set and the top is lightly browned. Cut into wedges and serve with a simple green salad.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2007
By Good Food