PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
It’s easy to get your five a day with this zesty fresh salad, full of vitamin C, fibre and folic acid.
- 150g pack green bean, trimmed
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large avocado
- 100g bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- Cook the beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 mins. Cool under cold water and put in a bowl. Finely slice the fennel bulb, cutting away the core.
- Peel and slice the avocado and add to bowl with watercress. Peel the oranges, cut out the segments and add to bowl. Squeeze the rest of the orange juice into a bowl and mix with the olive oil to make a dressing. Toss salad in the dressing, scatter over chicken, then serve.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2007
By Good Food